My Little Family

My Little Family

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In the begining...

After being a avid blog reader for a couple of years now, I decided it was time to start one for myself.  It's not that I have anything awfully important to say.  Its just that I have kids and I do stuff!  My kiddos say great things and do great things, also I would like to tell you about my homeschool journey.  Homeschooling is proving to be my greatest challenge so far.  It's just preschool!!  I am sure it's because in this early stage there is no set curriculum to follow, I'm just making it up as I go along.  My goal for each day is to touch on certain things such as, a book or a reading readiness project, writing his letters, and a skill.  Of course reading is NOT a hard thing to do...he LOVES books!  I am very proud of his progress this year.  He has letters down, and the sound they make.  He loves writing (even though its gibberish).  We will be using My Fathers World in the coming years and next year we are picking up Math U See!  Soon I will be really hitting Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.  I've chosen this because several veterans of homeschool have used TYCTR with their "spirited" boys and loved it.  I really didn't mean to go off on a tangent about my homeschooling, BUT you get what you get!  Its my job, its my kids, its my passion!  Come and join me on my adventure!

1 comment: